This is a quick and easy recipe for a healthy bathroom spray. If you haven’t heard of Poo-Pourri yet, you will. While you and I laugh at their hilarious marketing, they laugh all the way to the bank. Turns out dirty bathroom business is big business! These recipe options are great to have on hand for guests. I make this bathroom spray frequently because vodka is also a fantastic fabric deodorizer, so I even spray this on furniture and rugs to give them a fresh scent. Make sure to spot test first so your choice of essential oils doesn’t damage anything expensive.
- Small Spray Bottle (amber or cobalt glass is preferable otherwise look for PET plastic)
- 1 oz. Vodka
- Sweet Basil Essential Oil
- Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Mandarin Essential Oil
- Ginger Essential Oil
- Fill the spray bottle with Vodka. Leave room for essential oils.
- You will use 40 drops of essential oil per 1 oz. of Vodka. Multiply, depending on the size of your spray bottle (example: 1 oz. spray bottle = 40 total drops of essential oils / 3 oz. spray bottle = 120 total drops of essential oils).
- Sweet Basil 16 drops
- Grapefruit 12 drops
- Mandarin 4 drops
- Ginger 8 drops
- Shake well and spray product onto toilet water before you sit down. The essential oils will trap unpleasant odors before they start. What happens in the bathroom stays in the bathroom.
Other fragrance options for a 1 oz. bottle:
- 20 drops orange essential oil mixed with 15 drops cinnamon essential oil.
- A mixture of grapefruit, lemon, and orange essential oils– 40 drops total.
- Consider scents like eucalyptus and lemongrass…opportunities to create are endless!