This is my favorite Lip Balm Recipe - I hope you love it too! It hydrates with a slight gloss and doesn't turn to mush when it gets warm. As a lip balm addict, I've tried just about everything and made lots and lots of lip balm recipes that ended up in the trash. This one is a keeper! The ingredient list is simple; making your own lip balm is easier than you think.YIELD: 22 Lip Balms
- 1.0 ounces Beeswax
- 0.5 ounces Shea Butter
- 1.0 ounces Olive Oil
- 1.5 ounces Coconut Oil
- 25 drops of essential oils of your choice. I like peppermint in this DIY Lip Balm Recipe.
- Pre-measure all ingredients.
- Put approximately 2 inches of water in a pan. Set a pyrex measuring cup containing the Beeswax into the water. Bring to a low boil.
- Stir (I use a glass stirring rod) until Beeswax is melted. Be patient. Don't allow water to splash into the pyrex measuring cup.
- Add Coconut Oil. Stir until melted.
- Add Olive Oil. Stir.
- Add Shea Butter. Remove from heat, keeping the pyrex measuring cup in the water to stay warm. Stir until Shea Butter is melted.
- Stir in the essential oil of your choice.
- Use a transfer pipette to fill up your lip balm tubes, or pour into your container of choice.
- Once they start to harden, top them off again.
- Voila! Your DIY Lip Balm is complete! Pucker up!