This is my favorite Lip Balm Recipe – I hope you love it too! It hydrates with a slight gloss and doesn’t turn to mush when it gets warm. As a lip balm addict, I’ve tried just about everything and made lots and lots of lip balm recipes that ended up in the trash. This one is a keeper! The ingredient list is simple, and making your own lip balm is easier than you think.
If you prefer, you can skip the essential oils in your DIY Lip Balm Recipe - peppermint and cinnamon can irritate sensitive skin.
- 1.0 ounces Beeswax
- 0.5 ounces Shea Butter
- 1.0 ounces Olive Oil
- 1.5 ounces Coconut Oil
- 25 drops of essential oils of your choice. I like cinnamon or peppermint in this DIY Lip Balm Recipe.
- Pre-measure all ingredients.
- Put approximately 2 inches of water in a pan. Set a pyrex measuring cup containing the Beeswax into the water. Bring to a low boil.
- Stir (I use a glass stirring rod) until Beeswax is melted. Be patient. Don't allow water to splash into the pyrex measuring cup.
- Add Coconut Oil. Stir until melted.
- Add Olive Oil. Stir.
- Add Shea Butter. Remove from heat, keeping the pyrex measuring cup in the water to stay warm. Stir until Shea Butter is melted.
- Stir in the essential oil of your choice.
- Use a transfer pipette to fill up your lip balm tubes, or pour into your container of choice.
- Once they start to harden, top them off again.
- Voila! Your DIY Lip Balm is complete! Pucker up!